We recommend OrecX, which is a passive VoIP recording product. We have several clients that use it and it allows for many other options like agent screen recording too. The basic recording core of OrecX is free while the interfaces to interact with it are not free.
VICIdial Call Recording
OrecX audio and screen recording integrates easily with VICIdial open source contact center solution, and OrecX currently has several live, large scale installations working successfully using VICIdial.
Oreka GPL (free open source software)
- Record VICIdial VoIP SIP sessions phone calls by passively listening to network packets. Both sides of a conversation are mixed together and each VICIdial call is logged as a separate audio file.
Oreka TR offers deep integration with VICIdial, recordings are segmented correctly by external call, and tagged with correct metadata, even if your agents are on a single uninterrupted SIP session on the exension side.
- Oreka TR is the commercial version based on Oreka GPL and offers the following enhancements:
- Support for G.729 recording
- Deep integration with Loway’s QueueMetrics
- Live Monitoring
- Feature rich user portal with fine-grained access control, audit trail and multi-tenancy capabilities
Oreka SC (Screen Capture software)
- Garner a complete 360-degree replay of the entire interaction as it occurred, with integrated capture and playback of both the agent-customer conversation (voice) and the accompanying agent screen activity.
Oreka VICIdial Call Recording allows clients to search, find and categorize recordings based on time or date of call, incoming phone number, outgoing phone number or other customer requirements. Oreka runs on either Linux or Windows operating systems and integrates with any phone system.